Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Videos, Volume X

Top of the three-days before the Super Bowl to ya! Yes, yes, I know... one must seperate one love from another. Tsk, tsk. Moving on, trying to forget the terrible introduction that I've refused to delete, here's volume 10 of The Videos.

1. N.I.B. - Black Sabbath

OZZY, OZZY, OZZY... OI, OI, OI!!! Back in the 70's the man known as the Prince of Darkness and daddy to those who watched him on MTV, Ozzy Osbourne, fronted the heralded band and father of metal, Black Sabbath. OK. Beyond the obvious. Straight shootin': This is a track off their debut album that took a whopping two-days to record. Ohh, yeah.



2. Fear of a Blank Planet - Porcupine Tree

Up until a few days ago I'd never heard of these guys. You'd figure I would've with a name like that, but this title track to their 2007 album Fear of a Blank Planet definitely should be noted by rock enthusiasts. The video for it condenses the song by roughly three-minutes, so it's adviced that you check out the actual album version, not to mention the rest of the album as well.



3. Closer - Kings of Leon

I dont know what movie the maker of this custom video used but the song is a sure-fire classic. The vocals are flawless and soulful in every syllable uttered. This is one of those songs I listen to when I'm in a chill mood. Dont you just wanna flow with the motions of life when you hear this?



4. Fell on Black Days - Soundgarden

I'm not one who likes grunge a great deal, but when it comes to that genre of rock the likes of Soundgarden's Superunknown, and Alice in Chain's Dirt are the two albums I more than stomach, but enjoy. There's a load of classics off Soundgarden's 1994 genre-defining record, and this is just one of them that gets constant radio time. Thankfully I dont listen to the radio or else I'd get sick of this song.



5. Mind's Eye - Wolfmother

Most of the vids I found for this had embed disabled, so we'll just have to make do. Sad that these guys are no longer together because I sure as hell saw potential in their debut album. Even the guys from Jackass did.

No comments: